The Coastal Lakes College Enrolment Policy is aligned with the Department of Education Western Australia’s Enrolment Policy. Parents seeking further information about enrolling a child in a Western Australian school should refer to the policy.
Coastal Lakes College is a local-intake area school and therefore, in the first instance, must ensure that all local students can be accommodated. As a new school the college must plan ahead to ensure that there will be sufficient accommodation in the future.
The assessment of a school’s capacity to accommodate students will take into consideration the school’s current and future resources including infrastructure, timetable, programs and staffing.
The local-intake area is defined by a boundary. If you live within the local-intake area for Coastal Lakes College you are guaranteed a place.
Enrolment at a school in the primary years does not guarantee future enrolment at a specific secondary school including one in the vicinity of the primary school.
The parent or legal guardian is required to provide satisfactory evidence to demonstrate eligibility for local-intake area enrolment.
All students seeking enrolment for the commencement of the following year, whether local or out of local-intake area, should apply by the first Friday of Term 3 each year or when stipulated by the college.
Applications for local-intake area enrolments during a current year may be submitted at any time.
Local Intake Area Enrolment
- Coastal Lakes College will provide parent information and enrolment packages through the school for students enrolled at Lakelands Primary School, Meadow Springs Primary School, Oakwood Primary School and Singleton Primary School.
- To enrol any other student living within the local-intake area contact Coastal Lakes College to arrange an appointment for an enrolment meeting on 9583 2800.
View the local intake area map.
Out of Local-Intake Area Enrolments
Assessment of out of local intake enrolment applications will be made at the point in time in which they are received.
The Department of Education’s priority for enrolling children outside the local-intake area is in this order:
- A child who is accepted into a special program including Approved Specialist Programs (secondary schools).
- A child who has a sibling enrolled at the school for the year; this does not include a sibling who has gained enrolment through special programs including Approved Specialist Programs (secondary schools).
- A child who lives closest to the school (not closest to the boundary of a local-intake area).
Note: Coastal Lakes College does not have any Approved Specialist Programs.
Parents may apply for an out of local-intake area enrolment by telephoning Coastal Lakes College and requesting an application form be sent to them.
Parents will be notified in writing of the outcome of enrolment decisions at the earliest opportunity if applying for the current year. Where the application is made for the following year, parents will be notified once local student enrolment numbers are clear and it is established that there is capacity to accept out of local-intake area students.
Click here to view the 360 photos of our school.